Favorite Songs and Albums of Summer 2019

Photo by Juja Han on Unsplash

This summer was hard in a lot of areas of my life. But the struggle was not in vain. Looking at it now, I can see the transformation that took place and the way I have learned to lean on God even more. If you are struggling know two things. 1. God is always with you, and one day He will wipe away all tears. (see Isaiah 25:8)  2. Everyone will struggle, and that is okay.


These songs gave me hope and strength through a hard season and I hope they do the same for you. 

1. Praise Before my Breakthrough by Bryan & Katie Torwalt


'Til my song becomes my triumph, I will sing because I trust. Trusting God was something I was really working on and learning how to do better. The lyrics remind me to be thankful before the storm is over. If you are only praising God on your mountain tops, you don’t know God. God wants our worship before we know how it will end. Use your voice; sing even when it is hard. (Read my Song Story here)

I fell in love with this song because of the way it talks about God always being one step ahead of us and how it talks about our choice to follow Him daily. I posted a song story on this last week where you can know more of my thoughts on this song. One thing I did not share though was the Why do I worry? bridge. It distills the idea of God knowing what I need, before I even know it. God is always looking at the big picture.

From the title alone, I knew I would love this song, and the first time playing it I knew it was just what I needed to praise and give thanks to God. The bridge and the chorus of this song are beautiful! The idea of Jesus by your side holding back storms and waves, is so comforting. He lets it crash on him first. Just look at the Cross. He is our strong shield. With him not a bone will be broken. (Psalm 34:20)

I think this song sums up a lot of my summer and these words gave me so much comfort: Don't forget the things that He has done before, And remember He can do it all once more. God is always faithful. All His promises will come true; He has true integrity. I also just found the Acoustic version, and I love this one even more. 

My favorite albums! 

I don’t know a ton about this artist, but I love this album. The whole theme is really ruining after God in our chaotic world and growing closer to Him every day. I played this album over and over! I have most of it memorized. I’m not sure exactly what attracts me to this album, but it just helps keep my eyes on Jesus and enjoy life even when things are hard. My two favorite songs are First and Broken Prayers Piano version.
Newly released, I fell in love this album. Her voice is very different and I like it. The album does a great job of switching from being a child of God, to loving others with what you have, and really just worshiping God for what He has given you and empowered you to do.  My favorites are You belong and Defender feat. Steffany Gretzinger

God loves you and cares about you! I hope these songs give you a song of joy to sing during your high times. Even more so, I hope you find a song to sing in your low times.

Comments