Rest In the Chaos /Guest Post/

Photo by Jeremy Bishop on Unsplash

Breathe, just breathe
Come and rest at my feet

Today you get to be part of a very big moment. Not only is it my 6 month anniversary of Songs of Joy, I am hosting my first guest post! Angela Dawne is a homeschooled dreamer, thinker, and writer who often finds herself lost in the labyrinth of her mind. She is also my platform twin, she launched a newsletter around the same time as I did. 

We have been each others cheerleaders and co-learners over the last few months and when she announced she was launching her blog I gave her the opportunity to post on my blog. I hope you enjoy reading this article about resting. Then while you rest, hop over to Angela’s blog Key Word and read through more of her other works. 

~~~~~

Do you ever get the feeling that you’re sitting in a car that’s determined to win the Indy 500? 

Between juggling school, family, work, and commitments, life can get hectic. It’s hard during these times to catch sight of the small things. It’s hard to see the little blessings.

Especially when you’re runnin’ at 90 mph.

America has decided that the word “busy” is synonymous to “important”. How many times a day do you hear the “Good, but busy” answer to the question “How are you?”

Well what if I told you- It’s not a sin to rest.

Yes, I know. Mindblowing thought right there.

“In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat- for he grants sleep to those he loves.” ~ Psalm 127:2

I’m not saying not to work, I’m simply suggesting you take time out of your day to rest as well. Resting is a way of saying “I know you’ve got this, God”.

Lots of times, we run around and don’t pause to think because we’re stressed. We’re worried about what will happen if we stop working. We’re worried about the next day.

“Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” ~ Matthew 6:26

Your heavenly father wants you to rest. He wants you to pause and just trust Him. Don’t be afraid to just breathe. Don’t worry about all the things in your life- Just pause.

Sit in the corner with your music. Read a couple chapters of a good book (or the Good Book). Have a sit-down conversation with your sibling or friend.

Don’t conform to the “busy = important” mindset of modern America. Do something different for a change. Pause and take a break.

Breathe.



Comments