Part Two: 2020 Album List

 



Welcome back, to the second part of my 2020 album list! 


Today you will get the final albums in my music library for 2020. If you missed it, here is a link to part one of this list. I had too many albums this year to contain it in to one blog post. You would have been reading forever if I kept it all in one. 


Without further chit chat, here is part two of my albums from 2020. 


Hymns are such simple beautiful songs, but I don’t like them as much when sung in a choir. This album was perfect. It is just piano and voices. I love the novelty of hymns to think that people crossing the great plains sang them and how they have been such a part of American history. These hymns have brought me back in time and I love listening to. 


My two favorite hymns from this album are: “Because He Lives” and “Take My Life”


Blog post with songs from this album:


The Word of the Lord Stands Forever /Guest Post/ ("Be Thou My Vision")



This summer I was reading Andrew Peterson’s book Adoring the Dark, and I had to check out his music again. He came to our church a few years ago, and I had tested his music then, but it was different and I didn’t really like it. 


This time though I fell in love with his music, especially this album. I love how it sheds hope on so many possible situations and the heart that is in these songs is amazing! You can be comforted through these songs in a different way than some of the others on this list.


When you listen to this album you many not like it at first either, but I challenge you to give it a try. It might be a little different than other songs on this list, but they are very powerful songs. 


My two favorite songs from this album are: “We Will Survive” and “The Sowers Song”

 


These are some fine worship songs that focus on God and his glory. That is the whole summary. These don’t focus on you or how God has saved someone from bondage. They really focus on the Maker, on our King, who is coming back. These are songs to help you do exactly what this verse in James says: 


“You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord’s coming is near.”— James 5:8


My favorite songs are: “Unto the Lamb” and “Rest on Us”. 




I think this may be my favorite album this year. I don’t even know exactly how I found this album but the songs captivated me. I love the story the album as a whole tells. It starts in a place of being stuck but rising above that and discovering who you are because Jesus is. 


Over the whole album, you get to journey through darkness and find Jesus even in the pain. In the end you have arrived in a new place, with new ideas and dreams. This album proves that the pain is worth. 


It is really easy to pick out my two favorite song in this album because I have played them over and over so much. They are: “House on a Hill” (I want to do a song story on this one!) and “Comforter”


Blog posts with songs for these albums: 


6 God Sung Lullabies (“House on a Hill”)


Songs and Resources for a Hurting Heart (“House on a Hill”)


God’s Love and Christmas Trees (“Evergreen”)



I waited for this album to come out, which was so much fun. I love the suspense of waiting to find out what each song would try into its title and how they would word certain things. This album has a lot of spontaneous feeling music which I really love! I also love how they all flow into one another so seamlessly. It is hard to know when a new song begins and an old one ends which makes the whole album very knit together. 


My two favorite songs in this album are: “Your Nature” and “Favorite Place” 



These songs are great worships song. They are also very singable which is always important for a worship song. I feel like these are very memorable songs as well, and easy to pick up the tune. These songs I really started to love before Christmas, and I am going to be working on some song stories for these as well. 


My two favorite songs in this album are: “Ancient of Days” and “The Goodness of Jesus” 



Someone on my writer’s community posted about one of these songs and I was instantly drawn into this album. It is a very short album, only seven songs, but I like the piano and vocal mix. They also have the feel of church songs, but I could also see them sung around a campfire. The lyrics in each song are so powerful. I also like the cover; it is very pretty. 


My two favorite songs in this album are: “Never See the End” and “Living Water” 



After I found the album above I started listening to this one! Because they are both so short I listen to them together a lot, and they became my go to music in December. The songs again are very simple, and she has a really pretty voice. These ones I don’t feel are as singable on their own but I do get the lyrics stuck in my head. I am really excited to write some blog posts on these songs as well. They also have really powerful lyrics. 


My two favorite songs in this album are: “Gallows” and “What Have We Found Ourselves In” 




And with that we conclude my review the albums I feel in love with in 2020! I would love to know some of your favorite albums and why. (I always love hearing your suggestions; many of them I end up loving as well.) 

Comments