Part One: 2020 Album List

Photo by Jamie Street on Unsplash


 2020 has been an interesting year. It has had a lot of low spots for sure. But I still found some amazing albums this year. I have been compiling this list since the being of the year, and yes this list is much longer than 2019. The snippets of each album will be shorter. In fact, my list is so long this year that is being split between two blog posts. 


I have blogged about many of the songs in these albums over the past year. After I list my two favorite songs, I will have links to any song stories or blog posts with the song from that album in it below. 


Alright, you have waited all year, let’s jump in! 



This was on my list last year as well because I found it right after Christmas. I really love the way it tells the Bible story through a very engaging album. My brothers also love this album and it. It is so fun to listen to in the car. This is pretty much our “go to” car music! 


My two favorite songs are: “The Last Supper” and (Wow it is hard to choose!) “Willing”



I used to listen to Matthew West a lot, but I randomly found this album one day. It was before the full album released. It was fun to wait for the whole thing to come out. One of my brothers also enjoys it with me as well. His favorite songs are “Walking Miracles” and “Love on the Radio.” 


(Matthew West also wrote some pretty funny songs this year with funny music videos, “Quarantine Life” and “Gobble, Gobble”. If you need a laugh, those will cheer you up for sure.) 


My two favorites songs are: “Walking Miracles” as well, and “Hope Returns.” 


Blog posts with songs from this album: 


True Hope Can’t be Destroyed (“Hope Returns”)


Part One: Favorite Songs Through the Ups and Downs of COVID-19 (“Hope Returns”)



Over the course of 2020, I listened to this album over and over. Theses songs are so peaceful and have significant depth to them. They have a very positive spin on every song that you sometimes miss in those quieter moments. In the songs, there are some powerful lyrics. I love these songs because they are slow and simple so they are easy to read to or just rest in. 


My two favorite songs are: “Cecie’s Lullaby” and “Steady Heart” (You can see they third in the next sections.)


Blog post with songs from this album: 


6 God Sung Lullabies (“Come Out of Hiding” and “Cecie’s Lullaby”)


Coming into His Love (“Come Out of Hiding”)


6 Cleverly Crafted Lyrics (“Cecie’s Lullaby”)


8 Songs for When Fear Presses you (“No Fear In Love”)


 


Yes! Another album by Steffany. I found this album when I was looking for “Undoing”. 


This album came out in 2020. I used these songs to worship at the beginning of COVID. The music is simple and almost feels like a hymn. I really love how easy they are to sing. 


My two favorites from this album are: “No One Ever Cared For Me Like Jesus” and “This Close.” 


Blog post with songs from this album: 


Songs and Resources for a Hurting Heart (“This Close”)


Part Two: Favorite Songs Through the Ups and Downs of COVID-19 (“Forever Amen”)



I was so excited to see this new album! I love their Campfire sound tracks and this one is just as good. These are very upbeat songs. Great for doing chores or waking up to. Some of the songs are repeats from old albums, but others are new ones. These are good worship songs as well. Perfect for a time of singing praises to God.


My two favorite songs from this album are: “YOUR NAME IS POWER” and “REVIVAL ANTHEM”.



The songs assembled are a collection from their past albums, but I love the slow peaceful pace of each of these songs. These were some of my favorite songs though the beginning of 2020. The peaceful way these songs work together is pleasing to listen to and causes you to want to brake out in worship. 


My two favorite song from this album are: “Dancing on the Waves” and “Peace”


Blog post with songs from this album: 


6 God Sung Lullabies (“Dancing on the Waves”)


Part Two: Favorite Songs Through the Ups and Downs of COVID-19 (“Peace”)



This is another album I waited for to be released. I love the mix of upbeat party songs and quiet songs. This album has been very popular this year in many churches, and you probably recognize some of the songs in the album. The title is also a really good analogy. When I hear it I can instantly think of the mental picture. I love when titles do that. 


My two favorite songs from this album are: “Graves into Gardens” and “Authority”


Blog post with songs from this album: 


Part Two: Favorite Songs Through the Ups and Downs of COVID-19 (“The Blessing”)



I had found this album years ago, but never fell in love with it till this year. We sang “The Cause of Christ” one Sunday with church and I had to hear that song again. There is also a song that was so appropriate for this year called “Heal Our Land”. I was constantly praying that one out loud. 


My two favorite songs from this album are: “On the Throne” and “Speak to Me.”


Blog post with songs from this album: 


Part One: Favorite Songs Through the Ups and Downs of COVID-19 (“Heal Our Land”) 



If you are looking for a short album, this is a good one. They are a more upbeat songs and perfect for your morning “get moving” routine. These songs are a little more girly than others on the list, and I like them because of the positive message in each song. 


My two favorite songs from this album are: “Write About It” and “Fragile Heart”



You always need some Disney songs in your life! We watched Newsies at my grandparents for the first time that I remember, and it was lovely! The plot is so well thought out and the music has a very unique spin on it for a musical which I like as well. My cousins also loves the sound track, so that has been fun to sing the songs with her. I also can play “Seize the Day” on the piano.


My two favorite songs from this album are: “Seize the Day” and “Once and for All” (It is so hard to choice though!)



Alright, for now that concludes are album list. The next one will be posted on the 12th of January. If you would like to be updated when I post it you can sign up here. See you soon!

Comments

  1. Some of these songs really encouraged me this year, too! Now I have lots more to listen to. ;) The Hidden in my Heart CDs were amazing at the beginning of this year, and I also love Illusions by Thomas Bergersen (totally different genre--it's epic cinematic music!).

    Thanks, Juliet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really cool! I am going to have to check those out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

I would love to have a conversation with you! Please use all your words with kindness, in a way that would reflect Christ well.